Art and creativity can help people to relax, learn new skills and make new friends. 'Art' can mean all types of creative expression - not just painting or drawing. It includes photography, sculpture, carving, needlework and embroidery, creative writing, poetry, song lyrics, music, ceramics and pottery, crafts and even computer design.
• Get Creative booklet has lots of ideas in it to help you get your creative hat on
• The Create Space -Healthy Head Kit contains lots of information about being creative.
• For online creative courses visit the Start2 website
• Ministry of Crafts run numerous crafting courses for people who want to take up a creative hobby in Manchester City Centre
• Craftsy run free or reduced price on-line courses for people who want to get creative with wool, material and cooking to name but a few things
• Pinterest is a site full of numerous free crafting ideas ranging from knitting to ceramics, mosaics to horticulture. No matter what you may want to try you will find some ideas here